People love Buc-ee’s! However, I had never experienced it myself. We finally decided to satisfy our curiosity during a recent road trip and made a pit stop in Leeds, Alabama.
So what IS Buc-ee’s?
Buc-ee’s is a chain of convenience stores that began in Texas in 1982. Like everything in Texas, this store is supersized! No longer limited to the Lone Star State, Buc-ee’s is now in 7 states with more to come.
Buc-ee’s mascot is a beaver.
This megastore is known for its clean restrooms and boasts an impressive selection of fresh food, snacks, drinks, and souvenirs.
11 Reasons to Stop At Buc-ee’s
Check out these 11 reasons to include a stop at Buc-ee’s on your next cross-country adventure.
1. Gasoline. Of course, they have gasoline and lots of it! – There are too many gas pumps to count!
2. Clean Restrooms. Sometimes, finding a decent place to go to the bathroom on a road trip is hard. Buc-ee’s has you covered. Even if you’re only stopping for gas and a pit stop, stopping here is worth it.
Restrooms are also large, and there is plenty of privacy.
3. Roasted Nuts. It’s hard to beat the smell of roasted nuts.
Pecans, cashews, and almonds are coated right before your eyes with a sweet cinnamon glaze. These were a favorite with my family.
4. Beaver Nuggets. Perhaps their most well-known snack is the beaver nuggets. But what exactly are beaver nuggets?
It’s hard to describe. Beaver nuggets are crunchy, sweet, and more dense than popcorn.
There are several flavor options.
5. Desserts. You’ll find plenty of baked goods and sweets at Buc-ee’s. Satisfy that sweet tooth with cookies, pastries, muffins, and fudge.
6. Smoked Meats. If you are a BBQ fan, try the BBQ. Choose from brisket, pulled pork, turkey, or sausage.
We tried the brisket. It was delicious! Both regular and extra-large sizes are available.
7. Endless Packaged Snacks. From candy to nuts, the walls are covered with tasty treats!
It’s easy to find something you like. It is hard, however, to narrow down the choices.
8. Flavored Beef Jerky. This mega c-store has jerky at the counter or in a package.
Traditional and unique flavors are available.
9. Frozen Drinks. This C-store offers several flavors of ICEE at affordable prices.
10. Fried Apple Pie. This sweet treat was a happy surprise. It was in a package when I picked it up, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Do yourself a favor and get this pie!
11. Souvenirs & More. Whether you’re looking for Buc-ee’s merch, clothes, toys, or gifts, there is something for everyone!
Of course, I had to pick up a Buc-ee’s tee shirt!
So, does Buc-ee’s live up to the buzz? Yes. Fuel, good food, and clean restrooms. It’s a one-stop shop on a road trip. While I wouldn’t make a special trip to a Buc-ee’s, it is worth stopping if it’s on your route. It’s an enjoyable distraction on a long road trip.