Mesa Arch Trail is a short and easy trail located in the Islands in the Sky District of Canyonlands National Park.
This trail leads to an iconic view of Mesa Arch so named for the way it perfectly frames the mesa below.
The trail is .5 miles round trip. There is a bit of an incline, but it is not too difficult. The trail is rated as ‘easy’ by the National Park Service.
Mesa Arch Trail is great for families. However, behind the arch itself is a drop off, so you’ll want to keep an eye on the kiddos.
Mesa Arch is a must-see on your next trip to Canyonlands National Park! Whether you visit Mesa Arch at sunrise (which is supposed to be the optimal time to visit) or at any time of the day, you’ll be treated to a breathtaking view.
For more info on Canyonlands and Arches, check out these articles:
- 10 Highlights of the Arches National Park Scenic Drive
- Canyonlands Green River Overlook
- Arches Fiery Furnace: Ranger Guided or Self Guided
- Breathtaking Drive to the Needles in Canyonlands National Park
- Spring Break Family Fun in Moab
- Delicate Arch Hike: 6 Things to Know Before You Go
- Turret Arch: Short Hike, Big Payoff
- 5 Reasons to Get Out of Your Car and Hike Balanced Rock
- Arches National Park: Park Avenue Trail